Restore and repair your furnishings.
It’s here! Except for the occasional crisp day, spring is solidly here, and summer is in view. Before you browse through your local home furnishing stores and dream about the possibilities, we have another idea. How about turning this spring in to a “do it your self” season. You might be surprised at the fun and sense of accomplishment you will feel. Do you want to perk up your patio furniture? Or maybe you need a storage chest but can’t afford a new item. No worries. Here’s how to make special things happen and enjoy the ride:
- Make a list of local thrift shops. Do an initial sweep and get an idea of what’s available. Decide on a budget before you shop, and return with a purpose. Many of these stores expect you to transport any purchased items. Figure this into your planning.
- Decide whether you want to paint or refinish or repair items. Local hardware stores are a good source of expertise and materials. Ask representatives for suggestions and advice. Also inquire about classes that might help you perfect your skills.
- Browse magazines about home décor. You don’t need to purchase them, since the library usually keeps a good inventory. While you are there, ask the librarians about books to help ensure your efforts will be successful.
- Gather friends and encourage them to join you. You might even make an event out of it by having lunch and swapping ideas. Rent a self-storage unit (we know just the place), and keep all furniture there until you are ready to tackle the project.
- Celebrate your progress! Invite family and friends to see the result of your hard work and creativity.
Consult one of our storage specialists on your needs, and they will help select a unit. Considering how accessible our units are, you will think they are an extension of your home. Spring is officially here! We’ve got you covered with a self-storage unit.